Friday, July 18, 2008

Praying for God's Perfect Timing

A lot has transpired since I last blogged...but in a nutshell, I am looking at starting my practice. Not really sure of exact timing at this point, but both Adam and I feel feel very peaceful about me starting this. It's no coincidence that God brought us to Tyler, and that the church we just joined wants to start a counseling minsitry. I've been praying about this for so long! I'm so ready to get back to what I love doing so much.
This past year has been such a struggle in my heart, mostly because I've been unhappy about my job. God has been teaching me a lot about His timing and has lovingly given me a daily dose that He is Sovereign over ALL things. Why is this trust so difficult for me? I couldn't really answer that, other than to say my flesh just fights it, CONSTANTLY!!! I guess, that fight will be complete when I'm with the Lord, until then, I'll just daily give it to Him.
I've been praying a lot for hope, hope that I can start counseling again. He's started to retore this to me in the last 2 weeks, and I'm really thankful.
Also, I have to brag on my hubby! He's been so supportive of me and my dream. He's really been a constant for me and I'm so thankful to have him.
Before I got married, never really knew the meaning of "in good and bad" (how could I really?), ...but it's true, I'd rather be going through the good and bad with him. This has been a rough year...but very thankful God has given Adam to me to help me walk through it.

No comments: