Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Plastic Sandwich Bags

A bit of a random post and perhaps I'm giving too much spiritual application to this, but the Lord has graciously been reminding me over the last couple of weeks of His great truth - and tonight showed me again. "But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matt 6:33)
This evening Amanda called me and asked if I would bake some cookies to give to the evacuees from Beaumont staying at the YMCA. I thought it was a very sweet things to do and of course said yes.
I always pack D a lunch for school and completely ran out of sandwich bags the day before yesterday, and of course only remember to buy them when I'm packing his lunch which is typically about 20 minutes before we have to leave to take him to school. Well, today I didn't have any left and was thinking of creative ways to store his food, all the mean while trying to keep a mental note to buy the baggies during my next trip to the store. (Keep tracking with me, I have point).
I went to Amanda's house to pick up the cookie dough she bought, and she had the idea to put 2 cookies each in a plastic baggie. She had plenty left over after we wrapped each cookie and gave me a huge handful to keep for myself. So my point you ask....God knows what we need - Even if it's little lunch bags for my son's lunch. God gave me opportunity to be about His business and in the mean time already had a little gift in store for me too. Going to bed tonight in awe of God's grace and goodness. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: