Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Everyone has an opinion

Well, have to be honest in saying, I'm very disappointed about the choice for president the next 4 years!
Let me begin by saying that my opinion on this has nothing to do with the color of his skin. I think it is GREAT that a black man is in office. Unfortunately though, many only voted for him because he is black. Which is a HORRIBLE reason to vote for someone. If people would educate themselves on his voting record they'd see a very amoral agenda. They'd see that although he calls himself on a Christian on the big things he doesn't act like it at all! Gay marriage, abortion..the list goes on. They are not Biblical standards, they are post-modernism to the highest I've ever seen. Very upsetting to watch.
Not sure how to end this post, just needing to remind myself that despite my feelings, God calls me to pray for the soon-to-be president. That is my responsiblity as a Christian.

1 comment:

The Brewers said...

I am so with you on this one! For those that did vote for him according to the color of his skin, I wonder if they realize that his skin color is not going to help the economy or anything else!!! I wish Condoliza(sp?) Rice would have ran as a republican...maybe she would have blown him out of the water and would have better morals! Anyways, I have committed myself to praying for him daily that God would change his heart and be with him as he helps make important decisions for our country...