Monday, January 12, 2009

Memorable Moment

Last night before I went to bed, I made the normal rounds throughout the house. I checked the doors, made sure the stove was turned off, took a bath, checked on Dallas to make sure he was covered up, Pause.......... I must have stood there for several minutes just kissing his little face and watching him sleep. I guess I was feeling a bit sentimental or something, but prayed and thanked God for my son, for his health, and for all the great memories I'll always cherish of him as a little boy. I love when these mommy moments pleasantly surprise me. Here's a snapshot of him sleeping last night. Has anyone else experienced these sweet moments lately?

3 comments:

The Brewers said...

How sweet!!! I can't believe how big he is!!!

Laura said...

Oh, WOW!! I love that picture. My Mommie Moments like that are far and few between because Alise is such a light sleeper. If I set one foot in her room, she's up! Treasure yours!

Lori said...

I think there is just something about them when they are asleep-they just look so sweet and peaceful. And they aren't chattering away in your face so you have time to just take in the sight of them. I have done the same thing when checking on AJ!