Monday, February 11, 2008

Friends

Only counting since we've been married, Tyler makes the 5th place we've lived in almost 6 years of marrige. I'm so tired of moving...sigh. It's been kind of lonely at times. I've met some really great friends along the way, but it has been rather hard with this move to really get to know people. My job keeps me kind of isolated, so I haven't met anyone really. Of course I'm close to Amanda so we spend a lot of time together, it's been really good to have Eden close to Dallas too for a playmate. I think beside her and Ken, Adam and I have been rather isolated and haven't really met many people we would consider to be friends. We've been really praying about it, just to meet some Godly Christian couples to hang out with and spend time getting to know, it seems each place we move we have met these kind of people. And as of the past month, Tyler has been no different. We have been visiting Bethel Bible, and I think the first thing we both noticed about them was EVERYONE was very friendly. I've joined a women's bible study, and in addition to church and SS, Adam and I have been visiting a home group, the hosts lee and donna are just super friendly and warm. Everyone there has made us feel welcomed. It's good to be around people with genuine hearts, and I'm really thankful that God has given us a new family to " do life with."

No comments: