Friday, March 7, 2008

There is a Reason

There have been 2 songs over the past couple of months that have really ministered to my heart. 1: Cademon's Call - There is a Reason and 2: Casting Crowns - In this Storm

Lyrics to There is a Reason
Late at night I wonder whySometimes I wonder whySometimes I'm so tiredI don't even trySeems everything around me failsBut I hold on to the promiseThat there is a reasonLate at night, the darkness makes it hard to seeThe history of the saints who've gone in front of meThrough famine, plague and disbeliefHis hand was still upon themCause there is a reasonThere is a reasonHe makes all things goodHe makes all things goodThere's a time to live and a time to dieA time for wonder and to wonder whyCause there is a reasonThere is a reasonI believe in a God who sent His only sonTo walk upon this world and give His life for usWith blood and tears on a long, dark nightWe know that He believedThat there is a reasonThere is a reasonFor the lonely nightsAnd broken heartsThe widow's miteIn the rich man's handAnd the continentWhose blood becomes a traitorFor the child afraid to close their eyesThe prayers that seem unansweredThere is a reasonThere is a reason

Lyrics to Praise You in this Storm
I was sure by now That You would have reached down And wiped our tears away Stepped in and saved the day But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining As the thunder rolls I barely hear Your whisper through the rain "I'm with you" And as You mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away I'll praise You in this storm And I will life my hands For You are who You are No matter where I am Every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand You never left my side And though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm I remember when I stumbled in the wind You heard my cry You raised me up again My strength is almost gone How can I carry on If I can't find You As the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you" And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away I lift my eyes unto the hills Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord The Maker of Heaven and Earth


If you haven't hear these amazing songs, take the time and listen. Even if you have heard them, listen again, and let them minister to your heart like they have mine. They have brought a lot of healing to me. I can't listen to them without tearing up.
This past year has been particularly hard for lots of reasons. Just a lot has happened to Adam and me that have been TOTALLY out of our control! For such a long time, too long, I was so angry. Bitter, resentful...but over the past couple of weeks God has started healing me from this. Not that he's just automatically taken the bitterness away, but it's more and more, I'm learning to rest in God's sovereignty.
I shared this at home group on Sunday, but I want to look back on my circumstances one day and thank God for allowing me to praise Him, even when I don't understand why He's allowing us to go through certain things.
If I could sum up my spiritual lesson(s) in the past 6 months, it's praising God, no matter what, PRAISE GOD. "For He is who He is, no matter where I am."

No comments: