Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Great Chili Recipe

Wanted to share this recipe with everyone. It's very tasty, high fiber, and low fat!

2 lbs ground beef, deer, or other game
40 oz can of kidney beans (be careful, I noticed many "off brands" had hfcs or added sugar)
46 oz can V8
3 oz can jalapenos (optional)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 1/2 tble minced onion
1/2 tbsp garlic salt
1/2 tbsp red pepper

Brown meat/drain any fat, drain jalepenos, chop and add to cooked meat, drain kidney beans and add to meat.
Add all other ingredient and cook over medium heat.

This makes several bowls.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Kewl! Looks like my kind of recipe!

Mathis Family said...

I have a great crock pot chili recipe with lots of veggies hidden in it, if you should ever want it. Even Jes and Caleb love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, I wanted to say Hi because Im sure you were wondering who was on your blog from Dallas? Its me,Michelle,I have a blog now and love it and just wanted to tell you and say hope your doing well. I would love to hear about whats going on in your world? Im sure Dallas is completely different from when I last saw him!! He is getting so big!! Its cool you post recipes I would love to get some of your great recipes. you always had the best ones!!