Friday, January 23, 2009

Flashback Friday

Inspired by Laura's Wordless Wednesday posts, I thought every Friday I would write about a memory, whether it's about something happy, spiritual, heartbreaking, sentimental, sorrowful, or amusing. I'm calling it Flashback Friday.

I was on the phone with my Mema last night and somehow we always get on the subject of cooking (not sure how that happens). Anyways, she told me she made a goulash and a big pan of cornbread yesterday for lunch. For those of you who don't know, Goulash is just a smorgishborg of food you put in a big pot, flavor until it tastes good, and eat it. Click here to read more.
I began remembering when I was little girl, elementary age, and standing in the kitchen doorway at our house in Dallas watching my mom while she made goulash. She always bought the Texas-shaped pasta from Minyards to put with it, because she knew Lacey and I thought it was so cool that noodles could look like our state. She was always good about doing little things like that for us.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great memory! Now it's YOUR turn to try and make the goulash! BTW, if it comes low-fat, I'm game!