Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a really nice Christmas. Adam and I had to work Christmas Eve, so we didn't go to any parties. I spent all evening cooking and preparing for Christmas dinner though. Christmas morning Dallas woke up bright and early as usual and opened his gifts. I did some more cooking and then got ready. We went over to Amanda, Ken, and Eden's house to eat dinner with them. I made my first turkey this year. I also made dressing, giblet gravy (my Mema gave me these 2 recipies) and baked 2 homemade sweet potato pies! Yummy! The story behind the turkey: The last time I spoke with my mother was the weekend before she passed away. Our whole conversation was pretty much about how to cook a turkey. Funny huh?! So this year, in honor of her I made my first one and I followed her directions just like she told me. Turned out pretty, don't you think?



After dinner Amanda and her family came back to our house to watch Wall-E on our new TV (Adam and my gift from Santa!) That is such a cute show! Here are a couple of more pics of Dallas opening gifts :)



Dallas said, "Monster trucks are cool and awesome!"


Dallas really likes his new Tag reading system (would recommend this for all little ones!)


What little boy doesn't like cars?!

No comments: