Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This and That

First of all, those reading this blog regularly are some of my closest friends. Wanted to tell everyone how thankful I am for your love and support of me after losing my mom. It has meant so much to recieve your cards and phone calls. thank you.

We had a good Thanksgiving. Adam had to work so Dallas and I drove to Gilmer to my moms brother's house. He and all of his family were there, my mom's sister/my aunt Brinda and her family were there too. So it was good being with everyone again for the day. Of couse the food was delicious. Not sure why, but fortunately all of the women in my family are GREAT cooks! We had a great feast. Spent time laughing and talking....it was rather refreshing. My aunt surprised me of a canvas she had made from a picture of my mom. I've decided to hang it above my piano.

I had a really relaxing 4 day weekend. Didn't do much black Friday shopping, but did take Dallas to the movies to see Bolt. We had fun. He seemed to like it. Adam worked Friday also, but Friday evening until Sunday we were just together all weekend. It was nice and much needed.

This weekend we are going to Orange for my mom's memorial. Everything is pretty much organized, just needing to finish up my mom's eulogy that my sister and I will read together. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Here are a few pictures:


Me opening the canvas of my mom


My Uncle Jack and Jessica


Dallas and Uncle Don


Me with Baby Kyla, she was born Oct 21st


All of the Yummy Food!


Dallas and Hayley/thought it was a cute picture


Dallas just relaxing and watching TV


Dallas taking a nap in his halloween costume :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Jennifer, Dallas is so precious! I watched the short videos you posted and he reminds me so much of A.J. It would be great if we could get them together sometime! Glad you had a good holiday!