Friday, December 12, 2008

Wish Me a Merry Christmas!

I am SO tired of hearing, "Happy Holidays" "Holiday Dinner" "Holiday Party" "Holiday Cards" "Holiday Tree!!" This is so ridiculous!!!!!! It's a Christmas Dinner, Christmas Party, Christmas Card, Christmas Tree...Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people are so worried about offending others by saying Christmas, but what about me and other Christians that are offended when everything is labeled holiday? All of my ranting has been prompted by receiving numerous emails from my job with this labeling on everything. Don't get me wrong, holiday is great word, but start calling things what they are! Who's with me??!!!

“For behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:10-11).
So to everyone reading this blog...Merry CHRISTmas!! He is the reason for the season.

Check out this website:
http://www.wmamc.com/

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, I am so glad you posted about this! I was thinking the same thing just the other day. It seems that "Happy Holidays" is getting more and more common and I just can't stand it. It's CHRISTMAS!!! Hi! I'm visiting your blog.

Mathis Family said...

You won't like our Christmas card then... :)
Just remember I married a Jewish man and we have to make that side of the family happy too! :)

Lori said...

I am a Merry Christmas girl too, but I try to remind myself that Christmas is not the only holiday people celebrate this time of year (hanukkah, kwanza, etc.) I just wish some people wouldn't get so mad when people do say Merry Christmas!
It's not easy to be so P.C. all of the time!

The Wood Family said...

Lori - That's true. I need to be more sensitive of that, I guess my post was more in response to people saying happy holidays because they want to "leave Christ out" That's what irritates me.

Royce Ogle said...

Had there been no Christ there would be no Christmas. I'm offended by the pc crowd. Those who don't want to acknowledge Christmas or Christ are free to make that choice.

With that said, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

His peace,
Royce Ogle