Monday, December 8, 2008

My Mother's Memorial Service

This weekend was emotionally difficult, but overall the service for my mother was really lovely. I don't think it could have turned out any better. Adam, Dallas, and I left Sat. morning and made it to Orange at about 12 o'clock. Lacey (my sister), my Aunt Brinda (my mom's sister), and I set everything up as soon as we got there, and the service began at 1 o'clock. Most of my family was there and a few friend's of my mom. I do have to brag on a couple of my really great friends, Kristy and Grace. They drove down from Waco to be with me. I'm so thankful for those girls!! Grace took all the pictures during the service, thanks girl! After the service we all went to my Mema's house and ate dinner. Just talking and spending time together. It was nice. We went to my sister's house before we left and spent some time with her and Gabby and Jared/my neice and nephew. Lacey gave me a lot of pictures that Mama had of me when I was a little girl 5 years and younger. There is one in particular of me on my 3rd Birthday smiling at my mom while she is smiling at me and holding my Snow White birthday cake. I saw that picture and just could not stop crying. I miss her so much. I read at her eulogy. "Whenever I get unbearable sad, i just remember she is with the Lord and she is at peace, but I can still feel her, I can still hear her, and she'll forever be in my heart." Here are a few pictures from Sat: (Sorry, all the picutres have the wrong date stamped on them. I need to fix that on my camera).





These are the flowers from my sister her 2 kids and me and Dallas



This was the entrance to the chapel. Isn't the canvas beautiful?!



My Aunt Brinda lighting a candle.



Myself, Lacey, my Mema, Aunt Brinda, Uncle Ronnie, and Uncle Jack all lit a candle in honor of my mom




Me and Lacey giving my mom's eulogy



After the service we we all went outside and had a ballon release



Me, Grace, and Kristy after the service








Everyone enjoying dinner at my Mema's after the memorial



Aunt Brinda and Me



Dallas catching a ride with Cousin Bruce on his new Harley!



Gabs, Jared, and D



Lacey and Me

2 comments:

Mathis Family said...

I'm sorry we couldn't be there. Glad it all turned out well.
By the way, since when is Brinda a blonde??

The Brewers said...

Jennifer, I am sorry this is such a sad time for you. You're in my prayers.